Terms & Conditions
Welcome to http://www.the-style-academy.com ("the Website") owned and operated by Andrew Mellon, whose registered office is The House of Glenmuick, Ballater, Aberdeenshire AB35 5SL.
General Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the whole/any part of the Website with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website.
- The Website can be subject to change. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website.
- You shall not use the Website for any illegal or immoral purposes, and you will use it in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the Website in a way that may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired.
- You agree not to attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website; and you agree that in the event that you have any right, claim or action against any Website users arising out of that user's use of the Website, then you will pursue such right, claim or action independently of and without recourse to us.
- You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including legal fees) suffered by us and arising out of any breach of these Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of the Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your computer or internet access account.
- We are not responsible for the availability of any external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of any third party websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources. You are hereby granted a revocable and non-exclusive licence to create a hyperlink to the Website subject to such hyperlink not portraying The Style Academy, their licensors or their products in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise offensive manner and subject to you not using any logo/trade mark or other proprietary graphic owned and/or controlled by The Style Academy as part of or in conjunction with the hyperlink.
- We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
- We are not responsible for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any direct, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings or revenue, or loss or corruption of data or information) which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of the Website. However, nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
- You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use any services provided on the Website is at your sole risk.
- We do not represent or guarantee that any service provided via the Website will be free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interferences, hacking or other security intrusions and we disclaim any liability relating thereto.
- We will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise if you incur loss or damage by connecting to the Website through a third party's hypertext link.
- Notwithstanding any other provision in the Conditions, nothing shall limit your rights as a consumer under Scottish, English or Welsh law where or insofar as such rights cannot be derogated from by contract.
- If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
- These Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland, England and Wales whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
- When placing an order for any courses or accommodation from the Website, you will state, specifically, which courses or accommodation you desire to purchase and shall also at the same time confirm to us, at your own risk, your home address, telephone number (including STD code) and selected payment method including credit card/debit card details together with such other details that may be requested at that time from you by us. Your contract for purchases of items through the Website is with The Style Academy whose registered office is at The House of Glenmuick, Ballater, Aberdeenshire AB35 5SL. You further agree that email can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purposes of ordering or purchasing products or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the products or services ordered. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform us as soon as possible.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards with the exception of American Express and Diners Club as methods of payment for purchasing courses and/or accommodation from the Website. We are also unable to process payments on Maestro and Visa Electron cards issued outside of the United Kingdom.
- Credit and debit cards have daily spending limits that may prevent the processing of your order.
- If a purchase has been declined online due to credit or debit card issues, please ensure all data is correct and resubmit. If the transaction is not accepted online, you will not be able to use that card for your purchase and should use another payment card.
The price for a particular course or accommodation will be the price displayed on the Website at the time of purchase. We reserve the right to change prices for courses and accommodation at any time and do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price drop or promotional offering.
For assistance with billing questions or other enquiries please contact us by clicking here: email@example.com
or alternatively write to us at the following address:
The Style Academy, The House of Glenmuick, Ballater, Aberdeenshire AB35 5SL